W4H Committee Update – A Return to Training Activities
Good news! Our Club running activities can now take place in unlimited numbers as long as it is within a COVID secure environment. In order to achieve this, we must all adhere to both the England Athletics (EA) guidelines and those of the UK Government (return to recreational team sport link here).
As per the EA Guidelines, the following has been put in place to ensure we comply with a COVID Secure environment.
- A designated W4H Club member has been assigned as our Covid-19 Co-ordinator
- The W4H Committee have developed a COVID action plan and risk assessment
To fulfil the criteria for a COVID Secure environment, the following must also take place:
- All Club members and trialing new members must comply with Government guidance around social distancing.
- All Club members and trialing new members must read the Pre-activity Health Questionnaire before attending EACH and EVERY club session. Attendance at any session, will be seen as acknowledgement and confirmation that the club member or trialing new member has read and confirmed they are able to run.
- A register will be taken at each club session and all participants contact details will be kept for 21 days in line with the NHS Test & Trace scheme.
- The Club Coaches and Run Leaders will monitor and promote good hygiene at each session.
- All Club members should as a matter of course wash their hands before attending a club session and also maintain good personal hygiene on attendance.
- If a Club member has attended a club session and subsequently tests positive for the COVID-19 virus, you must inform the W4H Covid-19 Co-ordinator (Rachel Berry) and complete the UKA COVID-19 tracking form:
** Most importantly if you feel unwell, or have any of the symptoms of Covid-19 or are in any doubt about your recent, potential exposure to the virus, then please remain at home **
PRE-ACTIVITY HEALTH QUESTIONNAIRE
All Club members and trialing new members must read the Pre-activity Health Questionnaire below before attending EACH and EVERY club session.
Attendance at any training session or social run session, will be seen as acknowledgement and confirmation that the club member or trailing member has read these questions, assessed their own health and situation and confirmed they are able to run.
1. Have you been diagnosed with or tested positive for COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
2. Are you presently experiencing, or in the past 14 days have you experienced, COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms such as: a fever (temperature above 38°), chills, repeated shaking with chills, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, cough, sore throat, muscle pain, headache, new loss of taste or smell, nausea, vomiting or diarrhoea?
3. In the past 14 days, have you travelled outside of your country of residence?
4. In the past 14 days, have you been directed to self-quarantine by a public health authority or health care provider due to potential exposure to COVID-19?
5. Please indicate any recent exposure to others exhibiting flu-like symptoms or who have tested positive for COVID-19:
a. In the past 14 days, have you lived with someone who is exhibiting flu-like symptoms, has tested positive for COVID-19 or is under self-quarantine due to COVID-19 or its symptoms?
b. In the past 14 days, have you lived with a front-line healthcare worker or other individual at high risk for coronavirus exposure?
c. In the past 14 days, have you had close contact (within 6 feet (or 2 metres), for 30 minutes or more) with someone who is exhibiting flu-like symptoms, has tested positive for COVID-19 or is under self-quarantined due to COVID-19 or its symptoms?