*** Covid 19 Update 26th March ***
As you might imagine it may take quite a while to get replies from our local council Safety Advisory Group, rest assured we are working on an Autumn date. If this comes off we will transfer your entry to that date. If we are unable to do this we will offer a good discount on next years race.
If you bought a race T-shirt for 2020 and we can’t hold the event we will refund your £6.50, however if you really want your T-shirt we will find a way to get one to you.
**** Covid 19 Update 19th March ****
We guess that you are as disappointed at not being able to run as we are heartbroken at not being able to hold our event. Thank you to those who have sent words of encouragement.
We continue to look into every avenue possible to hold the event this year or give you the runner, the best financial outcome.
- We are looking at dates in September-November, but it’s a busy race calendar on the towpath, plus we have to fit in around high tides. There is of course the risk that restrictions may not be lifted by then! We don’t want to cancel twice in one year.
- If we can’t reschedule for this year we will work out how to give as much discount as possible for you for next year. We have a already paid out a lot of non-refundable deposits and paid for services so we can’t offer a full refund. Lots of our service providers have been amazing and have not charged as much as contracted, so we are still working on the actual amount.
- If you have purchased a race T Shirt, we will refund you the full amount if we are unable to stage the race this autumn.
Please be patient as we manage the situation. We will get back to you with an update via an email from Sportsystems and updates here on the website.
**** Covid 19 Update 17th March ****
Due to a change today in the UK Government’s advice on the spread of COVID-19 coronavirus regarding mass gatherings, we have today taken the unfortunate decision to cancel our 2020 race on Sunday 19th April. We apologise for the inconvenience caused to participants, who I know have been looking forward to the race as much as we enjoy putting it on every year.
Being a club organised event entirely run by volunteers, there is a need to ensure we balance the books and we always try to keep our entry fees as low as practical. Although there is a no refund policy, it is our plan currently to offer a £5 discount for our 2021 race in April to all 2020 entrants balanced by the need to meet the obligations we have made to our suppliers. We therefore hope to confirm the arrangements for 2021 in the next 5-6 months, once the situation has become clearer with regards to the spread and mitigations for COVID-19.
Thanks for your understanding and we look forward to welcoming you in 2021. Until then please remain safe and follow the advice regarding the spread of the virus when planning your own runs.
The West 4 Harriers Fuller’s Thames Towpath Ten Organising Team
FULLER’S THAMES TOWPATH 10
IS TO BE HELD ON
SUNDAY 19TH APRIL 2020
** Entries Open! **
The race is a scenic ten mile multi-terrain race along the Thames Towpath, starting from playing fields on Hartington Lane (W4 3UJ) crossing Chiswick Bridge and incorporating the towpath between Chiswick, Richmond and Kew. The route, while multi terrain, is flat and fast so good for those runners aiming for a 10 miler PB. There will be markers at every mile. The Start field is on grass, as are parts of Old Deer Park at 5 miles.
Please be aware that the grass could be slippery and wet.
WHAT DO WE PROVIDE?
- A rare opportunity to race the 10 mile distance
- Commemorative Fuller’s pint glass for all finishers
- Prizes for age cat and overall winners
- The friendliest and most encouraging marshalls around!
- Accurate chip to chip timing from Sportsystems
- Quick results by email or text
- Loos, water stations and bag drop
ALL FOR £17.50 for affiliated and £19.50 for non-affiliated runners
OUR DESIGN TEAM HAS BEEN HARD AT WORK AND OUR RACE T-SHIRT IS BACK!
YOURS FOR ONLY £6.50!
Buy when you enter, collect on race day along with your number.
Measure your favourite fitting T-shirt across the chest to work out what size you need.
You agree that we may publish your Personal Information as part of the results of the Event and may pass such information to the governing body or any affiliated organisation for the purpose of insurance, licences or for publishing results either for the event alone or combined with or compared to other events. Results may include (but not be limited to) name, any club affiliation, race times, occupation and age category.
FULLER’S SHOP AND BREWERY TOUR
Fuller’s have an amazing brewery store on site at their Griffin Brewery here in Chiswick with a multitude of beer, wine and gift ideas.
Click below and book a tour and sample their range of beers, they make a lot more than London Pride!
Follow us on Twitter @ThamesTowpath10 for updates
Race numbers, bags, gels, and on site shop provided by:
RESULTS BY SPORTSYSTEMS
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OUR WINNERS in 2019!
Last year our runners donated £960 Evergreen Africa!
THANK YOU ALL!